It doesn’t take much effort to convince any of us that the world be crazy. So I wanted to take a minute to share some things that are making me smile this fall. Even though it feels like the rainforest in the heat of summer here in North Carolina. Because when something inspires us, we tell people about it. So here they all. My 2017 fall favorites (and pumpkin isn’t in any of them #gasp):
I’m a little biased on this one because I personally know the founder and she’s precious. But I have to say, I love Anchor of Hope. The vision. The goal. The results. The products. ‘Erthing about it.
Anchor of Hope is a monthly subscription box with a cause. But what makes them unique is that many of the products that you receive are locally made by refugees seeking to provide for their family in the aftermath of very difficult situations. Locally made with extremely high quality. You can check them out at AnchorOfHopeBox.com.
OK, so maybe I’m a little biased on this next one too. Because I just love Emily. But her new podcast, “The Next Right Thing” is like a deep breath of fresh podcast air in a polluted, stinky talk-world. I don’t even know about that simile..
Emily releases a new episode each Tuesday. You can read more about it, listen to it, and subscribe by clicking here. Go ahead. Be inspired.
He writes in an easy-to-read, storytelling way while hitting on an analogy of freedom that could probably benefit every human on the planet. Kill the spider. That’s what I’m doing these days. Click here to read more and get yo-self a copy.
My Mastermind Group
I just want to give a shout-out to two things: the idea of a mastermind group and my particular mastermind group.
First, if you’re not already in one, and you do stuff in the world that you’d like input on, then get into a mastermind group. A mastermind group is a group of peers who give you feedback on ideas and help you brainstorm new ones. Ideally you choose a small group of people who do similar things that you do (or want to do). Want to start a podcast? Find a group. Open a coffee shop? Find a group. Farm land and sell…farm goods? Find a group.
Second, my mastermind group amazes me. Watching God do beautiful, powerful things through each of them inspires me to keep on running my own race. We keep in touch on Voxer, almost daily. So in efforts to point you to each of them so more and more people would hear the messages that they’re each entrusted with, I’ll just name them (alphabetically) and you can click on their names to check them out.
- Amy Lynn Andrews — Amy’s weekly “Useletter” is SO helpful for all things tech related.
- Chrystal Hurst — Her newest book, She’s Still There, just released last month! So good. So inspiring.
- Liz Griffin — An inspirer and dreamer, Liz will make you smile.
- Francie Winslow — This sweet sister draws from a deep well and always leads me closer to the Lord.
- Heather MacFadyen — Heather’s God Centered Mom podcast comes out weekly and inspires moms around the world (including me) to press on!
- Kat Lee — Kat founded HelloMornings (and has a book coming out soon!). She also hosts the Inspired to Action podcast.
- Katie Orr — The author of the Focused15 studies, Katie’s wide array of talents keeps me in constant awe.
- Stacey Thacker — She also just released a book (I told you; they’re amazing.). It’s called Is Jesus Worth It? and spoiler alert, He is. Check her out!
I guess that’s all for now. But before you go tell us, what would be on your fall favorite list?
Oh wait, one last thing. I’ve been “revamping” my website a bit. If you have the time, click around and check out what’s new.